Janelle is a registered Psychologist with over 20 years of experience. Janelle has experience in working with people of all ages as well as with families and in a variety of settings. Janelle is committed to working with clients using a Strengths Approach, which has, at its core, positive attitudes about people's dignity, strengths, capacities, and rights. The Strengths Approach involves working in partnership with clients in relation to the therapeutic processes in which they are involved.
Janelle works with individuals of all ages in relation to a variety of mental health issues, including:
- Stress, Anxiety and Depression (including in children and young people)
- Pregnancy/Perinatal counselling, including fertility/fertility treatment related stress
- Child Behaviour issues (e.g. defiance, non-compliance, emotional regulation, school refusal, social skill-building, bullying)
- Parenting related counselling, education and/or support, including addressing parent-child interaction.
- Grief and Loss
- Childhood/Developmental Trauma
- Life direction and transitions (e.g. relationship/family separation, job loss, relocation)
- General well-being
Janelle also offers sandplay therapy.
Additionally, Janelle has an interest in, the relationship between/dual diagnosis of, mental health and food intolerance. Janelle has lived experience with food intolerance and as such is familiar with the Failsafe/RPAH Elimination diets, Gut and Psychology (GAPS) diet, as well as the Biomedical Approach to healing.
Janelle has experience in working with families who are engaged with child protective services as well as those experiencing and/or escaping domestic violence.
Janelle's fees are affordably priced. Medicare or Health Fund rebates may apply. Concessional rates considered on application.
Janelle is an approved Brisbane MIND provider. Brisbane MIND is funded by the Australian Government Department of Health, and is managed by Brisbane North PHN.